How do I lodge money raised for the charity?
If you have funds to lodge as part of your fundraising target and wish to do so direct into the CROSS Rugby Legends a/c, please note:
All lodgement(s) made on your behalf must have your name beside each lodgement. If this is not possible you must email the lodgement Reference with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Sponsorship Cheques should be made out to: Friends of CROSS
Bank Account Name: Friends of Cross
Bank of Ireland, Stillorgan
IBAN: IE79 BOFI 9013 3597 3705 17
Sort Code: 90-10-95
A/c No: 97370517
Can you advise on what cycle kit / equipment I need to pack / bring with me?
I'm a bit nervous as I am planning to do a stage / some stages / full tour on my own.
Don’t worry, plenty of the cyclists thought the same last year. Just read some of the testimonials on the link http://www.crossrugbylegends.com/testimonials/. We have two cycling groups each day.
- The Pack: The early group depart at 8.30am each day
- The Backs: The late group depart at 9.15 each day
Pick the group that suits your ability. You can change groups on the morning of each stage. Some cyclists head out with the The Pack, the early group have a longer lunch and finish with the The Backs…the pace is a little higher in The Backs..!!
How will my luggage get transported?
What happens if I get tired and can't finish a stage?
How and when will my bike get transported?
We have the following bike collection points:
- Dublin: Friday 4th Sept: 7am – 12noon. TBC Aviva Stadium / TBA Gate Drop Off
- Cork: Friday 4th Sept: 9am – 12noon. TBC The Edge Bike Shop, Kinsale Road, Cork.
Book your bike in for a final service in advance of the collection Call 021- 480 6040
- Galway: Wednesday 2nd Sept: 9am – 12noon. Nigels Bikes, Tuam Road, Galway
Book your bike in for a final service in advance of the collection Call 091 – 752 852
- Limerick: Wednesday 2nd Sept: 9am – 12noon. Venue TBC
- Sligo: Tuesday 1st Sept: 9am – 12noon. Gary’s Cycles, Lower Quay Street, Sligo
Book your bike in for a final service in advance of the collection Call 071 91 3860
1. We do not charge to transport bikes, all bikes are transported at the owners risk; we do not take responsibility for any damage while the bikes are loaded / transported and unloaded
2. Due to the number of bikes we have to transport we are unable to take bikes in Bike Boxes / Bike Bags
3. We will accept bikes that are pre-wrapped for transport, however space is limited so packaging needs to be secure & compact
Once I raise the funds required to do the stage (€290) or the full tour (€1,500), what other expenses will I have on the tour?
I am a keen cyclist and was wondering if you have a stage with a “Blow-Out” section.
I enjoy cycling but am not sure if I will be able to keep up with the main group all day.
It is our aim to have all the cyclists finish the stage together so you are looking at a higher pace in The Backs group. On the morning of each stage you decide which group would suit you best. Don’t forget we have a support vehicle behind each group, if you need a rest take a lift for a few kilometers.
Note: if you are falling behind your group and looking like you will not make up the distance, our lead marshal will recommend that you take a lift in the support vehicle to catch up and recover. If you decide to decline this offer then you will finish the remainder of the stage at your own pace. Our support / paramedic vehicles will continue with the main group and we will NOT be able to take responsibility for you for the remainder of that stage.
Is there an age limit?
Do I need insurance?
We strongly recommend that you take out personal accident insurance to cover you for the duration of the event.
Do you have a bike mechanic on the tour?
To ensure you have your bike ready for the morning you must let the mechanic know the night before if your bike needs attention… we cannot work miracles in the morning..!!
Not sure my bike will make the trip.
If I book a place and cannot take part in the tour, what happens to the funds raised?
We can refund the rest to those who donated on your MyCharity page. Alternatively, you can leave the funds in MyCharity.ie and use them for the 2016 Rugby Legends Atlantic 1000/ 800.