“The Charity” – The registered charity CROSS (Cancer Research of the Oesophagus and
Stomach) Charity number CHY 389874
“ The Commisaire” – The person who shall arrange and provide the daily briefings in relation to the daily cycle, including details such as route plans, weather reports, rest stops, safety briefings.
“The Event” – The C.R.O.S.S Charity Atlantic 1000 & 800
“The Organisers” – The Charity or such agents as nominate by the Charity.
“The Participants” – Those people who are partaking in the event.
“The Volunteers” – Those people who are engaged by the charity, the organisers and/or the commisaires to assist with the running of the event.
Terms & Conditions
I hereby agree to the following terms & conditions of my participation in C.R.O.S.S Charity Atlantic 1000 & 800;
- I acknowledge and agreed that my participation in the Event is entirely voluntary on my own.
- I have read, understood and accepted introduction pack details outlining the rules and regulations applicable to the Event.
- I acknowledge that the organisers and commisaires have explained to me the extent and nature of the event and I am satisfied with same. I understand and acknowledge that there is no responsibility on me to participate in the event or part thereof, nor to finish the event. Should I realise that the event is outside on my limitations for whatsoever reason, including injury or personal fitness, I understand that it is my decision to cease the event or part of the event for my own reasons.
- I have been made fully aware of, fully understand and acknowledge the risks involved in my participation in the Event. I accept full responsibility and assume all such risks. I hereby represent and warrant undertake to the Charity, the Organisers, the Commisaires and the Volunteers the following with full knowledge that they shall be relied upon in accepting my participation.
- I have been made fully aware that for the participation in the event I must provide a roadworthy bicycle. I acknowledge that the responsibility for the maintenance, upkeep and care of the bicycle shall be mine alone. I acknowledge and accept that the responsibility for ensuring that the bicycle is roadworthy, including all the necessary safety equipment as prescribed by law, is mine alone, and that signing this document and entering the event I shall fully indemnify the organisers from any loss, damage, delay, injury or affliction caused to me by my participation in the event.
Should a fellow participant in the event, the commisaire, the volunteers or the organisers provide me with any equipment or spare parts I shall accept same entirely at my own discretion and risk and I indemnify that person or persons who provided me with such equipment from any claim as a result of loss, damage, injury or affliction caused to me by virtue of my use of the equipment.
- My personal particulars disclosed herein are correct; I have no medical condition that would affect my safety and physical wellbeing arising from my participation in this Event and that I am medically and physically fit and competent to participate in the Event; I shall dutifully and fully abide by the Rules and Regulations of this Event and any applicable laws.
- I confirm that the representations, warranties and undertakings above are true and correct and I (and my heirs, successors and assignees) shall waive, release, discharge the Charity, the Organisers, the Commisaires and the Volunteers from any claim and undertake that I (and my heirs, successors and assignees) shall not make any claim or complaint whatsoever against the Charity, the Organisers, the Commisaires and the Volunteers for any loss or damage or injury sustained by me, or for my death arising from, during or after the Event.
- Further, I (and my heirs, successors and assignees) shall indemnify and hold the Charity, the Organisers, the Commisaires and the Volunteers harmless from any claim, demand, proceeding, cost, expense, liability, loss or damage (whether direct or consequential) made by any third parties, arising from any injury or death or damage or loss to any property arising out of my breach of the representations, warranties and undertakings in this document. PROVIDED always that the Organisers shall be entitled in their sole and absolute discretion to disqualify me from the Event
if I shall breach any of the representations, warranties and undertakings herein in any way whatsoever.
- I declare to the best of my knowledge that I do not suffer from any of the following pre-existing medical conditions: Any cardiac or respiratory weakness or ailment; Epilepsy or any other neurological condition; Any orthopedic or rheumatological complaint’s; or Any other complaint or condition which would involve a serious risk to any physical or mental health by my participation in the Event.
- For the avoidance of doubt, in consideration of my acceptance into the Event, I hereby confirmed my agreement to waive any claim (to the extent permitted under the laws of Ireland) which I (any of my heirs, successors and assignees) may otherwise be entitled to bring against the Charity, the Organisers, the Commisaires and the Volunteers or your agents, employees, sponsors or contractors arising in any way out of my participation in the Event, including but not limited to, any of the following: a) Any injury, illness or death caused by or associated with my participation in the Event;
b) Any fainting or other physical or nervous reaction to alarm, shock or fright suffered during the Event, whether such reaction manifests itself either during or at any time after the Event; or
c) The need for hospitalisation or any form of paramedic or out-patient care which may arise from (a.) or (b.) above.
- I understand and accept that the Charity, the Organisers, the Commisaires and the Volunteers may in their sole discretion refuse permission for any participant to take part in the event or any part thereof of the event.
- I accept that all the commisaires decisions with regards to the Event are final.
- I acknowledge and understand that by signing this waiver I am absolving the Charity, the Organisers, the Commisaires and the Volunteers of liability. This document is a legal document that creates responsibilities upon me. I have been advised to seek independent legal advice in relation to the execution of this document and I acknowledge such advice.
- No person who is not a party to this Waiver shall have any right to enforce any of the terms herein.
I wish to enter the Event and hereby agree to abide strictly by the above terms & conditions. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I, my heirs, successors and assignees, do hereby unconditionally waive and release the Organisers, their sponsors, all officials, persons and agencies involved in this Event, from all claims and damages whatsoever, that may arise from my participation, including without limitation, personal injury. I also certify that I am physically fit to participate in this Event.
- I hereby acknowledge is the responsibility of all participants and Volunteers to ensure that they have their own Insurance and to specifically notify their own insurers of their participation in the Rugby Legends Atlantic 1000 & 800. On signing the within Terms and Conditions I hereby agree to obtain the necessary Insurance and to notify them of the Rugby Legends Atlantic 1000 & 800.
- I hereby acknowledge that all Photographs, camera footage and interviews will at all times remain the property of the Rugby Legends Atlantic 1000 & 800 and I furthermore consent to the use of these items as they see fit.
- I hereby acknowledge that group transfers of bikes and personal equipment together with storage is available to all participants but I will at all times be entitled to arrange my own storage and transportation at my own risk and my own cost.
- I hereby acknowledge that my bike and bags and all other personal equipment is transported and stored in overnight storage at my own risk and I hereby Indemnify the organizers of Rugby Legends Atlantic 1000 & 800 in the event that any of my personal belongings should be stolen or damaged.
- Registration: I hereby acknowledge that All Registrations are only confirmed and accepted on a registration payment by PayPal of €290 and a receipt by me of a confirmation email. I retain the right to cancel my booking but acknowledge that should I you wish to cancel my registration at any time prior to the reserved date an administration fee of €100 will be retained and a refund of €190 will be credited to my credit card.